samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR: Tiffany Flowers (tiffanyflowers2@hotmail.com)

RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: All SG-1 characters and properties belong to MGM, Gekko Film Corp., and Double Secret Productions. All MacGyver characters and property belong to Winkler/Rich Productions and Paramount. No money was made from this and no copyright infringements were or are intended by this author. This fanfic was written solely for entertainment purposes. Any persons, living or dead, is merely coincidental and not intended by this author. I own only the story and its plotlines.

FEEDBACK: Appreciated. Flames heat my woodstove.

SUMMARY: SG-1/MacGyver Crossover, S/J Romance with Mac's help :-)

WARNINGS: None

SPOILERS: Cold Lazarus, Message In A Bottle, Enigma*, COTG, Solitudes, Emancipation, and Serpent's Song*.

NOTES: // represents thought ~*~ represents Flashbacks/memories * this is for Enigma and Serpent's Song, when SG-1 uses the mountain side little area for contacting the Tok'Ra and the Nox.

ARCHIVING: Sam and Jack Relationship Archive ONLY! All others please ask me first.

DEDICATIONS: My thanks goes out to my beta reader, Machelle, who was VERY patient and helpful in my progress of this story. Thanks Machelle. And to Lola for the visual support. THANKS LOLA AND MACHELLE!!! You're help is beyond words.

Copyright 1999 TIFFANY FLOWERS


PHOENIX FOUNDATION
MAY 15, 1999
11:00 AM PACIFIC TIME



He heard a light knock on his office door. Looking at his watch, Pete Thornton got up and answered the door.

"Mr. Thornton," his secretary, Helen said. "MacGyver is not answering his phone. I'm guessing that no one is home." she finished, sound anxious.

Pete only smiled and told her to keep trying. He wondered where his friend could be.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN COMPLEX GROUNDS
MAY 15, 1999
12:00 PM MOUNTAIN TIME





Hiding in the trees, so that he wouldn't be seen, MacGyver looked through the branches with his binoculars, counting the guards that paced the outside of the complex.

Suddenly, he felt a hand clamp down on his left shoulder. Spinning around, MacGyver found himself face to face with a tall, black, bald-headed man. MacGyver noticed that the man had a strange looking tattoo on his forehead.

"What are ya tryin' to do," MacGyver asked, adjusting his olive green baseball cap. "Give me a heart attack?" he finished, controling his erratic breathing.

"My apologies, O'Neill," the man began. "I was unaware that you were observing the guards on duty." Teal'c said.

MacGyver only looked at him, seemingly confused. "Well don't do that again, go it?" Mac asked, trying to sound commanding. MacGyver went back to what he was doing, when he heard more voices approaching their direction.

"TEAL'C!" a female voice shouted. "Teal'c, where are you?" she asked again, sounding worried.

"I am in this direction, Captain Carter." Teal'c replied stoicly. "I have found O'Neill over here."

Suddenly, tree twigs snapped and that's when MacGyver saw her. She flew out of the dense foliage into the little out cropping of the mountainous hill-side, which had found them there on more than one occasion to contact other races of humans, or aliens if you wanted to call the Nox that.

"Colonel, we've been looking for you all over," the captain said worriedly. "Sir? Are you alright?" Carter asked, giving him a look of confusion.

MacGyver could only look at her, speechless. "Yes, Captain. I'm okay." MacGyver finally answered.

Suddenly, Daniel, who was coming up behind MacGyver, tripped on an exposed tree root and knocked MacGyver over, causing his hat to fall on the ground in front of him.

Teal'c was suddenly on guard, Carter could only stare in shock, while Daniel was too busy picking himself up off the ground to notice that it wasn't Jack that he knocked down.

MacGyver looked up and smiled at Sam, while Teal'c only frowned his usual frown when he didn't like a certain situation.

"Who are you?" Sam asked angrily. "This is a restricted area." she finished. She signaled for Teal'c to pick him up and take him inside for questioning. Teal'c followed the orders given. Daniel, who was speechless for once, followed behind, wondering who this man was and why he looked like Jack.



*



PHOENIX FOUNDATION
11:30 AM PACIFIC TIME



Pete was beginning to worry, so he called MacGyver himself. He let the phone ring twice before the answering machine clicked on and Pete heard the familiar line.

"HEY, THIS IS MACGYVER. WE ALL KNOW HOW THESE THINGS WORK, SO WHEN YOU HEAR THE BEEP... GO FOR IT." the machine replied. Waiting for the beep, Pete drummed his fingers nervously. Then he heard the sound that he had been waiting for.

"Hey Mac," Pete started. "It's Pete. When you get this message, will you PLEASE call me?" Pete begged. Pete hung up the phone, hoping against hope, that MacGyver wasn't in trouble again. Which in Mac's case was hardly ever.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN
12:30 PM MOUNTAIN TIME



MacGyver was in a small, grey room with no windows, a small table, and a bunk bed. Looking around, Mac noticed a camera in one of the room's corners. Trying to be nice, he waved to the camera and then went back to pacing the floor.

Elsewhere in the complex, Major General George Hammond, Captain Samantha Carter, Teal'c and Doctor Daniel Jackson were all looking at the monitor that was linked to the camera in MacGyver's cell.

"Are you sure about this," Hammond asked, not wanting a repeat of the Unity scenario again. "This isn't Colonel O'Neill?" he finished, looking at the captain. Sam only looked back shrugging her small shoulders.

"I'm at a loss for words myself, Sir." Sam replied unsure of her own answer, returning her watchful eye back to MacGyver's hypnotic pacing and trying to figure it out.

"Captain Carter," the general barked, snapping Sam out of her observation. "I want you to interrogate our GUEST. I want to know why he's here in my complex." the general said, sounding very upset. He turned and walked out of the debriefing room, slamming his office door behind him. Carter only nodded.

"Sam, you don't have to do this alone, you know." Daniel said, trying to offer some kind of support to his team member.

"Thanks, Daniel," Sam said. "But I should do as the general asks. Besides aren't you and Teal'c supposed to go with SG-6 to PR9683?" Sam asked, trying to sound like Colonel O'Neill.

"OH YEAH!!" Daniel exlaimed excitedly. "I totally forgot. C'mon, Teal'c, we better hurry." Daniel said, running out of the room, trying to drag the burly Jaffa with him. Sam laughed. She knew that Daniel had been waiting for this mission for weeks.

//I just wish I knew how Jack was.// she thought to herself sadly. //I hate having a cold.// Taking one last glance at the monitor, Sam knew that the task at hand was going to be a hard one, being that she was in love with Jack O'Neill. And to have this guy here that looked like him, made her a little scared and apprehensive to go and do this questioning.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN
12:45PM MOUNTAIN TIME



Hearing the click of keys in the door, MacGyver stood to his feet quickly, just like the old soldier he had been years ago. When the door opened, he saw the beautiful blonde, blue eyed woman that he had seen earlier.

"Hello," MacGyver said in greeting, hoping that she'd go easy on him. "I'm MacGyver. And you are?" he asked softly. Sam only glared at him with a look that said that she didn't trust him at all.

"Only interested in how you found this complex," Sam began, trying to stay calm and focused on her task. "So how _did_ you find us?" she finished, sounding sharp.

"I've been here before ma'am." Mac answered. "I work for the Phoenix Foundation." he explained, smiling a little to gain her trust and friendship.

Sam's stoic facade faded. She looked like someone had punched her in the stomach. She was looking at MacGyver with a puzzled look, nonetheless. "Did you say the Phoenix Foundation?" Sam asked, knowing that she had heard of the name before, but didn't know where.

"You've heard of it?" Mac asked, sounding rather surprised. He grinned slightly, remembering that the black man had called her Captain Carter.

"Yes," Sam began. "When I was with the Pentagon." She ended, looking to the camera in the corner, hoping that General Hammond had emerged from his office and was watching the monitor. She looked down at her feet, suddenly feeling shy and ashamed.

MacGyver noticed this and looked at her with a big smile that would melt anybody's heart. He sat in one of the chairs beside the table and waited to see what she said, or did next.



*



In the de-briefing room upstairs, Major General Hammond had heard the exchange between Carter and MacGyver. George had heard of the Phoenix Foundation. They were the ones that had supplied the SGC with the frequency dampeners when the Stargate had been re-activated by Apophis three years ago.



*



MACGYVER LOFT
11:45AM PACIFIC TIME



Pete let himself into Mac's loft. After closing the door behind him, Pete started looking around Mac's loft, but saw no signs of his young friend being, or have been, there in the last two days. Pete began an exstensive search by the phone and desk. Looking at the answering machine, Pete noticed that there were four messages on the sipmle little machine. Punching the "play" button, Pete listened to the messages. Two were from Pete, while the last two were from Mac's trouble-making friend, Jack Dalton. Pete decided to look around some more, when he heard the front door open, without as so much as a knock or the sound of keys.

"MacGyver," Pete said anxiously, recieving no answer. "Is that you?" he asked again.

When he didn't get an answer the second time, Pete grabbed the nearest object to protect himself with, which happened to be Mac's favorite Street Hockey stick, and held it like a baseball bat, ready to swing at the intruder.

"AHHHHH!" came a shout. "What's with the greeting, Mac?" asked a male voice, which identified itself as Jack Dalton. Jack looked like he had just peed his pants, looking like the attack had caught him off guard. "Pete it's you!" Jack exclaimed happily. "Where's Mac?" he asked.

"Dalton," Pete said, laying the hockey stick on the couch slowly. "Don't you ever knock, don't answer that." Pete said when he noticed Jack going through Mac's fridge.

"Where is Mac anyways, Pete?" Dalton asked, wondering what impulsed his friend to leave without telling him where he was going.

"I'm not sure," Pete answered. "I was just about to check upstairs and find out." Pete said. Jack on the other hand, had found a note and was reading it, then when he was done, passed it on to Pete's waiting hands. Pete read the note and sighed a big sigh of relief when he read what MacGyver had written:



JACK, PETE, OR BOTH: I HAVE GONE OUT OF TOWN FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT I'LL CALL YOU IN A FEW DAYS. PETE, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, I WENT TO "THE OLD STOMPIN' GROUNDS" TO VISIT. SEE YOU WHEN I GET BACK. MACGYVER



"What's "the old stompin' grounds" mean, Pete?" Jack asked, sounding like a curious child.

"Jack," Pete said, suddenly feeling nervous, grabbed his coat and ran for the door. "I'll see you in a few days." he said over his shoulder, running for his car. Letting the door slam close, Jack Dalton was left, scratching his head, confused.



*



PHOENIX FOUNDATION
11:55AM PACIFIC TIME



Pete arrived back at his office and called his travel agent for the next and earliest flight to Colorado. It took Pete about twenty minutes to plan everything. Just as Pete was about to leave his office to go home and pack, his phone rang. Sitting back down at his desk, Pete picked up the reciever.

"Pete Thornton," a gruff and tired voice asked. "This is Major George Hammond of the United States Air Force. I believe that I have someone you know." he concluded flatly.

Pete instantly recognized the voice and name. This brought a smile to Pete's slightly aged face. He tried to rememeber the face that went with his old friend's voice.

"George, is that you?" Pete asked happily, hoping that Hammond would remember him from so long ago.

"Peter," Hammond asked, sounding happier than when he first started speaking to him. "How long has it been, old friend?" Hammond didn't stop the smile that formed on his usual stoic face.

"I was just on my way out there," Pete began, suddenly remembering what Hammond had said about having someone Pete knew. "It's Mac, isn't it?" Pete asked, obviously concerned that Mac had gotten into trouble again.

"Yes, Pete," Hammond said finally. "Didn't you know he was out here?" Hammond wasn't entirely sure if Pete knew or not, but Pete had to be told where Mac was anyway.

"No," Pete responded. "There for a while I thought that Mac was missing. Don't do anything, I'm on my way up there." Pete said, hangin up the phone and running out of his office, not worring about if he had his luggage or not. He had to find out what kind of a mess MacGyver had gotten into this time.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN
1:55PM MOUNTAIN TIME



After hanging up with Pete, General Hammond had Captain Carter paged to his office. Samantha Carter arrived three to four minutes later.

"You wanted to see me, Sir?" Sam asked, standing at attention, wondering if this had something to do with MacGyver and her interrogation of him.

"Captain Carter," the stout general began, sitting in his high backed, leather chair. "I just got off the phone with Pete Thornton, MacGyver's boss. Now, I know that you mentioned to MacGyver that you had heard of the Phoenix Foundation. How is that, Captain?" the general asked, waiting for a response.

"Well, Sir," Sam began herself. "When I was working with the Pentagon, before the Stargate Project, the section that I was working for requested help and supplies from the Phoenix Foundation. Sir, I worked with MacGyver for a short time and I don't understand why or how he would do this. I know him." Sam concluded.

Suddenly there was a sharp, urgent knock on the general's office door. Hammond signaled for Sam to open the door, which she did. When she opened the door, both she and the general noticed that Airman Harriman, the original Stargate Tech, was standing there with a grim look on his face.

"What is is, Sergeant?" the general asked, obviously annoyed that he was being interrupted from this briefing with Carter.

"It's SG-9, sir," the tech replied, noticably worried. "They're coming through the Gate early, Sir." he finished and turned to go back to the Control Room.

"We'll continue this later, Captain." Hammond said, giving her a puzzled look, dissmissing her to the Embarkation Room. Hammond knew that Colonel Jack O'Neill was with SG-9 and wondered why they would be coming back five hours early.

Carter, who had already left the office, was down in the Gate Room waiting and pacing the floor for SG-9's return. She was hoping that Jack... er... the colonel was okay. Sam was getting ready to go up the ramp, when the Event Horizion gushed out from the center of Stargate and snapped back into place. She then saw the first outline of one of SG-9's team pass through, then the others followed, obviously carring a limp form of a body. When she finally made her way to the top of the ramp, Sam's blood froze as she saw who the limp form was. Suddenly, Sam was pushed aside by the medics, who placed the bloodied colonel on a gurney and wheeled him off to the infirmary, Sam obviously torn to emotional bits.

Daniel, who had just entered the Embarkation Room, saw Sam wipe away tears that had fallen. Teal'c, who also saw this, walked over to her and placed a hand of comfort on her shoulder. Sam looked into the Jaffa's brown eyes and smiled weakly to her friends.

"Sam, maybe we should stay." Daniel said, trying to offer some kind of emotional and moral support.

"I concure with DanielJackson." Teal'c replied, knowing that Sam would disagree with that judgement call.

"I'll be fine," Sam said sadly. "Go." she replied over her shoulder, rushing off to the infirmary. //Be okay, Jack.// Sam thought in silent prayer.



*



COLORADO SPRINGS AIRPORT
7:58PM MOUNTAIN TIME



After calling Hammond again, Pete gathered his coat and slowly made his way to the door, thinking about MacGyver for the umpteenth time tonight. By that time, an escort guard from the base had found Pete and took him to the waiting car. After shutting Pete's door and settling behind the wheel, the guard left the terminal and drove to the complex.

"General Hammond will be waiting for your arrival top-side, Sir," the Airman replied, relaying the information to the man. "Welcome to Colorado." he added in a last moments thought.

"Thank you." Pete said, turning to look at the young Airman, who seemed kind of young to be in the military. Pete returned his attention back to the scenery, which had become mountainous rather quickly. "You know," Pete said, breaking the silence. "I don't get out here nearly enough. Really nice envioronment." he said.

"Yes, sir. It is beautiful up here." the soldier replied with a slight grin, then continued to drive in silence again.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN INFIRMARY
8:20PM MOUNTAIN TIME



Sam had been sitting next to Jack's bedside since he came out of surgery three hours before. She was holding his hand like she had when he had been pinned to the wall by the Orb.



~*~



"Sir?" Sam asked quietly. "Sir, I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I thought you had a right to know. You may not survive this." She took his hand in hers and just held it for a minute. All of a sudden, she felt a slight squeeze by his. She held back her tears as she removed his I.V. from the back of his hand. After the Orb had been sent back through the Stargate, Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel helped Jack sit up on the ramp.

"We thought you were gone for good, Sir." Sam said happily, yet jokingly, knowing it took a lot more than that to kill Jack O'Neill.

"Wild horses, Captain." Jack replied, referring to Teal'c's earlier attempt at a joke. Jack had tried not to laugh, but thought it was funny anyway.



~*~



Sam was broken out of her memory by the movement of the colonel. Sam's head shot up so quickly, she could've given herself a case of whiplash.

"Colonel?" Sam asked, hoping that he could hear her. "I'm here, Jack. Can you hear me?" she said, trying to rouse him from his unnatural sleep.

"Carter," Jack said weakly, trying to look around for her. "I need you, Sam." he managed to say before falling back to his deep sleep again. Sam had tears brimming on the edge, when she felt Janet Fraiser's hand on her right shoulder in comfort and concern.

"Sam," Janet said, obviously worried for her friend. "The colonel's lost a lot of blood. I need him to try and rest while I find a matchable donor. Get some sleep. That's an order. Go!" Janet said forcably to her.

Sam got up and kissed Jack on the forehead, then left reluctantly for her quarters, crying on her way there.



*



CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN
8:30PM



Sam, who couldn't sleep, stopped by the holding room, which held MacGyver. She signaled for the guard to open the door. When the door opened, Sam walked in and waited for the locking mechinism to lock her in the room before she spoke.

"MacGyver," Sam said, her voice barely above a whisper. "May I talk to you about something?" she asked.

MacGyver looked surprised and shocked by her request to confide in him, a tresspasser... an intruder. "Yeah." Mac said, finding his voice. "What's the matter?" he asked gently, seeing her rock hard façade again fading quickly with each tear that fell. Sam didn't and couldn't say anything to him. Mac only looked at her.

Getting to his feet, MacGyver approached Carter cautiously, not sure if she'd kick his ass or not. When he was two feet from her, Mac place his left hand on her right shoulder and pulled her into a comforting embrace of friendship and trust. Sam suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist and sobbed. After Sam had calmed down and was reduced to sniffles, Mac handed her some Kleenex and smiled reassuringly.

"Feel better now?" Mac asked sincerely, trying to be friendly.

Sam smiled back and wiped at her eyes, which were red and bloodshot from hours of crying. "Yes," Sam replied. "Thanks, Angus. I needed that." she ended. She remembered how much he hated to be called by his real name, but she wanted him to remember her. She thought back to all the times when he helped others and not want anything in return for his help. Helping others was his specialty.

"That's me," Mac said, after recovering from the surprise of her using "Angus" as his name. Only a few people knew his first name. "The human tissue and sponge." This joke made Sam laugh, knowing that it was something that Jack had said to her sometime ago after the Orb incident.

"That's what I always liked about you, MacGyver," she stated. "You always made others feel better when they were down in the dumps and feeling crummy."

"You know me?" Mac asked, again surprised that he didn't remember her, which to him, was hard to do when someone like her was that beautiful.

"I worked with you once when I was with the Pentagon." Sam replied, trying to rattle his obviously feeble memory.

"Yeah," Mac exclaimed excitedly. "That's right. I remember you now. How have you been, Sam?" he asked.

"Other than from what you've just seen," she said jokingly. "Fine. And you?" Sam wondered.

MacGyver only shrugged. "What happened a minute ago?" Mac asked again, hoping that he wasn't prying into her personal business.

"A good friend of mine was hurt," Sam said, tears threatening to flow again, but she held them back. "I can't lose him, Mac. I love him too much." she said as one tear fell.

"Anyone I know?" Mac asked with concern and curiousity. Sam didn't know how to answer, being that she was looking at mirror image of the man that she loved.

"Colonel O'Neill." Sam said bluntly.

Mac's eyes opened wide with shock and mass surprise. "Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill?!" MacGyver asked sharply, making Sam take a couple of steps back.

"Yeah," Sam said surprised herself for once. "Why, you know him?" she asked with burning curiousity filling her sore, tired voice.

"Jack's my cousin, Sam!" Mac exclaimed excitedly.

Sam's eyes were glowing with sudden realisation. Sam had a plan. With her tiny smile growing, she got up and pounded on the door, getting the guard's attention. The door opened.

"MacGyver," Sam said, ready to put her plan into action. "Jack may need your help. C'mon." she waved to him, running down the hall towards the infirmary, Mac following close behind.

"MA'AM!" The guard shouted, attracting the attention of the guard at the desk, but Sam and MacGyver kept running.

"Tell the general to meet us in the infirmary." Sam yelled over her shoulder. MacGyver looked back to see the guard on the gray phone to the general. //I hope she's not gonna get busted for this.// Mac thought to himself.



*



In the Infirmary, Janet was going through a variety of files and charts, trying to find a close match to Colonel O'Neill's blood type, but found that NOT one matched or even came close. She suddenly heard a racket coming from the other room and then saw Sam and a man that looked like the colonel standing in the recovery room, looking for Janet.

"COLONEL!" Janet shouted. "In bed, now!" she scolded.

Sam stopping her with a gesture of her hand. "Janet," Sam said. "This isn't the colonel. This is his cousin, MacGyver." Sam replied. Janet looked like a person that had been given the biggest shock possible.

"Twin cousins? How is that possible?" Janet asked, trying to make heads and tails of it all, surprise evident in her voice. She made eye contact with MacGyver and blushed a very deep red. MacGyver only smiled at her, which made her blush even more.

"Janet," Sam said, snapping her friend out of her embarrassment. "I want you to test MacGyver's blood type with that of the colonel's. I think they might be the match you need." Sam said, knowing that she could be right and save her colonel's life again.

MacGyver sat on one of the unoccupied med beds and held out his right arm, pushing up the long sleeve. Janet tied his arm with the rubber tubing above the elbow and drew the blood. It took Janet twenty to twenty-five minutes to sample Mac's blood with the colonel's.

"Well," Janet said as she emerged from her office, noticing the new face that occupied the room. Saluting to the general, Janet continued her speech. "We have a match. Mr. MacGyver, are you willing to do this?" she asked. Mac only nodded, a nod that Janet had seen before.

She took him to the colonel's side and began the long proccess of the transfussion. The transfussion was long and tiring, but Sam, Janet, MacGyver and General Hammond all noticed that O'Neill was getting stronger and the monitors proved it.

//That's a good sign.// Sam thought to herself, feeling tears well up again, but with more hope than before his surgery.

After Janet released MacGyver, Sam, General Hammond, and Mac all went to the de-briefing room. Along the way, Mac recieved strange glances and looks from passing guards, other SG teams, and even the techs in the Control Room.

//Luckily the blast doors are down.// The general thought to himself, quietly walking. After finding out that MacGyver was sent to test the security of the base, General hammond decided to give Captain Carter the rest of the night off, promising to update her on Colonel O'Neill's condition if it changed through the night. Sam left and took MacGyver with her, knowing that he had nowhere to go or to stay. It was the least she could do for the man that saved the life of her one and only true lover.



*



SAMANTHA CARTER RESIDENCE
10:00PM MOUNTAIN TIME



"So what's the story about you and Jack?" MacGyver asked. Sam had spent hours telling MacGyver how she and Jack had met, omitting the parts that contained information about the Stargate, the Goa'ulds, and the Tok'Ra. Even her father's involvement with the Stargate and Tok'Ra.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked with child-like innocence written on her face and in her words.

"Sam, I can tell," Mac said, sounding like a big brother. "You love him, don't you?" he said with a grin that put the Cheshire Cat to shame.

Sam smiled in defeat and replied to MacGyver's statement, trying to be honest with him, like she wanted to be honest with Colonel O'Neill. "Yes, I do," she said. "But you can't tell anyone. That means the colonel and the general. NO ONE, MacGyver. Promise me that." she said, making him swear to secrecy.

Mac held up his hands in a surrendering pose. "I swear," he began. "But you have to promise ME something." he said in reply to her. Sam furrowed her brow in question. MacGyver continued. "Promise me that you'll tell Jack how you feel about him," he started to say. "ACK! Let me finish," he said when Sam tried to intterupt him. "Don't let the regulations and protocols of the military stop you. I think Jack has that right to know, at least. Promise?" he asked.

Sam nodded her promise, due to the fact that she had never broken a promise to MacGyver.

"Sam, you have to tell Hammond, or at least, ask for his advice. You might be surprised by what he has to say. He's known you for a long time now." Mac concluded, hoping that she would do what he suggests to her and not ignore HIS advice.

"I will, MacGyver," Sam said, placing her hand on his. "Thanks for the wake-up call. I needed someone to tell me that." she explained to her friend.

"So what made you fall in love with Jack?" Mac asked, sounding like an eager child at storytime. Sam tried to remember what it was exactly, then she remembered the trip to Simarka, the planet with the Ghangis Khan cultures.

"Well," Sam began, getting comfortable on the couch, while MacGyver took his cue from her and sat in the chair across from her, drinking his cranberry juice, listening. "We were visiting this one um... country, and I had to dress the part."



~*~



"I will not wear this dress, or whatever it is," Sam complained, turning around for the others to see. "I can't move, I can't walk." she finished, looking at her fellow travelers and Abu.

Daniel, who rarely saw Sam in a dress, was slack-jawed, Teal'c only abserved silently, Abu had made a comment and then left the tent in a hurry. Jack was standing there, grinning from ear to ear.



~*~



"But before Jack left the tent, well after Daniel and Teal'c left, he told me that I looked great. But his voice was serious, even though he was smiling slightly." Sam concluded. Like Jack, MacGyver was smiling widely. Sam smiled back at him and at the memory that was left in her head.

"Wish I had been there for that." Mac said, obviously jealous of his cousin's luck with beautiful women.

"Well," Sam said, changing gears and getting off of the couch. "It's late and I have to be up early in the morning to check on the colonel. I'll get you the cot from the closet or something." Sam offered, but Mac said that he would take the couch, while he was grabbing for the quilt on the back of the couch that was already out for use. Sam said good-night and went to her room for some over due sleep that she had been lacking.



*



CARTER RESIDENCE
MAY 16, 1999
6:00AM MOUNTAIN TIME



After taking a shower, Sam was getting dressed, when she smelled somthing that made her stomach growl with intense hunger, being that she hadn't eaten anything since breakfast yesturday morning. Opening her bedroom door, the aroma got stronger, and picked up strength when she entered her kitchen. But she wasn't ready for the surprise that greeted her when she stood in the doorway.

"You cook too?" Sam asked in a playful tone. She wondered if the colonel cooked too. She hoped so, but she'd just have to find out for sure when Jack got better.

"Mornin' sleepy-head." MacGyver greeted her without turning around. When he was done with his task, Mac turned and placed a plate in front of Sam, laying a fork next to the plate. What Sam saw next made her giggle. "What?" Mac asked, not knowing what was so funney to her.

//Maybe she didn't sleep well enough.// Mac thought.

"You're wearing an apron?" Sam asked between snickers of laughter. "It's so unlike you, MacGyver." Sam said, finally in control of herself again.

"Didn't want to flour and stuff on my jeans," Mac replied also laughing. "That's all. What, Jack doesn't wear one?" he asked, getting a "no" shaking of Sam's head. Sam wasn't sure what she was eating, but it was good.

"What is this," Sam asked. "They're good." she said complimenting the chef.

"They are my world famous Banana, Blueberry pancakes." Mac answered.

Sam was highly impressed. She told Mac to give Jack the recipe for them. When she was done, she grabbed her stuff and they left for the base. On the way to the base, Sam stopped for gas, which MacGyver paid for.

"Thanks," Sam said. "But I had it, so here, take this." Sam replied, handing him a ten dollar bill. MacGyver took the money reluctantly, and they continued on to the base, talking about MacGyver's recent "activities" and other things.

When they got there, Mac met up with Pete, who wasn't really happy to him, until it was explained why MacGyver had been there. Pete told Mac that they had a flight out and they had to go. Mac and Sam exchanged phone numbers, addresses, and e-mails before he got in the car and left for the airport.

"Sam," Mac said, leaning out of the window. "Remember what I said. Talk to Jack and the general. You promised." he reminded her, smiling as the car's engine revved.

"I will," Sam said. "I'll call you later. Have a safe trip." Sam waved good-bye as the car pulled away, then turned and began her desent into the mountain.

When she got to the 28th floor, Sam turned towards General Hammond's office and stood outside the door, deciding whether she should just tell him or ask his advice like MacGyver said to do. //It's now or never, Sam.// she thought, so she knocked on the door, deciding to just tell the general.

"Come." Came the general's gruff answer to her knock.

She turned the knob, walked inside and shut the door.

"General Hammond, Sir." Sam started, saluting the general first. Hammond returned the salute with surprise.

"I didn't expect you in today, Sam." he said, sounding like Jacob, Sam's father. "What can I do for you?"

Sam thought about how to phrase her statement. She sat in one of the chairs and folded her hands in a nervous habit that she had when something was on her mind.

"General," Sam said, deciding to get it done and over with. "Permission to speak freely?" she asked. Hammond nodded to her, giving the approval that she seeked.

"Sir, I know it's against the rules and all, but I can't contain this anymore," she paused, then continued. "Sir, what I'm saying is, is that I'm in love with a higher ranking officer, Sir. General, I'm in love with Colonel O'Neill." she finished, looking nervously at the calm reaction of her boss.

"Captain," Hammond replied. "You don't have to say another word. I talked to Colonel O'Neill last night and he told me that he was in love with you. He named you by name, Sam." he said, smiling at the stunned shock on Sam's face, but he continued. "I'll tell you the same thing I told him," he paused to drink a sip of his cold, stale coffee. "I don't want any "extra curricular" activity on this base. Is that understood, Captain?" he asked with stern orders, which he knew would be followed.

"YES, SIR!" Sam replied excitedly, asked for permission to be dissmissed and went to the infirmary to see her new "official" lover. She hoped that he wasn't causing trouble again.

Once Sam got to the infirmary, she noticed that Jack was sitting up and eating solid foods. She also saw him making a fuss and smiled. //Never changes with that man.// she thought happily.

"Hey there, Colonel," Sam greeted, making her way to his med bed. "Glad to see that you're back to your old self again, sir." she said. She pulled a chair over to the side and sat in it, grabbing his hand and lightly squeezing it. She smiled at him, Jack smiled back with a mischievious grin.

"I take it the general talk to you, too, huh?" Jack asked, when he noticed that Sam was sitting on the edge of the chair, ready to jump onto the bed. "He spoke to me last night. I needed to talk to him." Jack stated flatly.

"Actually, Sir," Sam said. "I came to talk to you, but decided to tell the general how I felt about you." she completed with a smerk. Jack knew what the general had said to her, but asked her anyway.

"What did he have to say?" he asked.

"Just don't do any "extra curricular" activites on base," Sam replied. "I'm guessing that means missions, too." she finished, sounding slightly dissapointed at that thought.

"Says who?" Jack asked mischieviously, yet sarcastically. Sam smiled. She was still holding his hand, so she brought it to her lips and kissed his hand, hoping that no one else saw the action.

"By the way, Carter," jack said. "Thanks for saving my hide again. Janet told me what you and MacGyver saved my life. Thank you, Sam."

Sam looked at Jack, speechless. "Uhh," Sam stuttered. "Your welcome, Jack." She replied after finding her voice again. Sam smiled, while Jack looked at her with a new kind of respect and promising future with her.

"Hey, Sam." a female voice said from behind her. Sam turned to see Janet Fraiser standing near her. Sam smiled her greeting to her friend before asking the question, that most likey, had already been asked for hours on end by the impatient colonel.

"Janet," Sam began. "When can the colonel leave?" Sam crossed her unseen fingers, which could only be seen by Jack, in quiet hope. Jack watched the quiet interaction between Sam and Janet, like if it was some kind of tennis match waiting to go wrong.

"Well," Janet started to say. "If the colonel can wait about ten minutes, while I check him, I was thinking about releasing him this afternoon or later this morning." she ended.

"Thank you, Doctor." Jack's excited reply came, sounding happy to be finally out of the infirmary.

"BUT," Janet scolded.

Jack winced. //I knew it!// he thought. //Where there's a but, there's a problem.//

"You have to promise, Colonel, that you won't overdue the moving." Janet half asked, half ordered. Jack agreed with a big smile on his face as he looked at an eager Sam.

Sam told Jack and Janet that she had some things to do, but would be back at 1200 hours to see what the deal was with his release. Before leaving, Sam noticed that she and Jack were alone. Sam leaned over and kissed Jack on the lips passionately. Jack was in seventh heaven now, thanks to Sam.

"So you can think of me." Sam said as she left. "See you soon, Colonel." And with that Sam left the infirmary to go do her tasks before leaving.



*



CHEYNNE MOUNTAIN
12:00PM MOUNTAIN TIME



As promised, Janet let Jack go home, only with the earlier exception. No overduing the physical movements. Jack and Sam walked to her car, hand in hand. Sam drove to Jack's place. The moment the door was shut, Jack wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him, leaning his head in for a kiss at the same time.

"That's what I needed," Jack said, smiling at his new lover. "Just us and no interruptions of any kind." He kissed her again, but this time it contained a burning desire for her and the need to have her close to him.

//I can't lose her.// he thought.

"Wait," Sam said suddenly. "I need to call MacGyver. He made me promise to call after I talk to you." Sam explained before Jack could say anything. Jack let her use the phone, which she wasn't on long, all but five minutes.

"What'd he say?" Jack asked, wanting to be nosey again, like always. Sam smiled adn told him the whole conversation that took place.

Jack smiled. "Well that was nice of him to help out."

Sam nodded in agreement, but was glad to be here with Jack. Later that evening, after countless hours of lovemaking, Sam and Jack were laying on his bed. Sam's head rested on his left shoulder, while her left arm was resting across his chest.

"I hope I'm not laying on any broken ribs." Sam said with a giggle, remembering the "side-arm" joke from Antarctica.

"Nope," Jack said with a laugh. "No broken ribs." He leaned over and kissed Sam. Together, they fell asleep, dreaming of their futures together. Hoping that it would end up with something that would last for a long time to come.



THE END