samandjack.net

Story Notes: The story is told from Sam's POV.
//-indicates a thought
This drabble is not beta read so all mistakes and typos are mine! Sorry.

Email: ninja_girl@seznam.cz


The Ball


The Ball, Washington D.C
22:00

He promised to come. He promised he'll make it. But he isn't here.

The ball we were invited to is slowly coming to an end and the singer announces the last song of the evening. I can't help but feel the disappointment as I observe the people gathering on the dance floor, mainly Air Force personnel with their wives and husbands, everyone looking happy.

General Hammond sent us here because his niece was in a hospital and he couldn't make it. I was supposed to be here with my CO - Colonel Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill, but he isn't here. He promised to come. Sure, I haven't been sitting on my butt the whole evening, occasionally dancing with someone. I bought this beautiful black dress just for this special ball. Okay, let's face it, I bought it because I thought he'd see me in it. But no, he isn't here.

The slow song begins and I feel my eyes watering. Dammit, this song is my favourite:

"I just swear, that I'll always be there
I'd give anything and everything
I will always keep
Through weakness and strength
Happiness and sorrow
For better for worse I'll love you
With every beat of my heart"

I lift my head and look around the big hall, my eyes focusing on the entrance, hypnotizing it. The door opens suddenly and I shift in my seat nervously. //Calm down, Carter. It's just some elderly couple.// I lower my head with disappointment and the song goes on.

"From this moment, life has began
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on"

I look up again to see the door opening. I hold my breath when I see who's standing in them - Jack, looking like he just ran a mile, breathing heavily. He calms down and his eyes search for me. It doesn't take long and he finds me, striding quickly towards me.

"From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on"

He reaches the place where I'm sitting, smiles and offers his hand. I take it as the singer keeps on singing:

"I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live wait to live my life with you
I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you"

These words are so true. He pulls me from my chair, scanning my dress briefly and leading me to the dance floor. He pulls me close to his body that I can actually smell his aftershave. He shakes me out of my reverie by saying:

"You are so beautiful, Sam."

I'm more than ready to pass out right now and right here.

"Thank you, Jack." I say, putting my head on his shoulder. I'm so glad that General Hammond isn't here or he would have suffered a heart attack if he saw us like this.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For promising something I couldn't keep."

"But you are here now." I state, closing my eyes contentedly.

"Yeah." he sighs, pressing a small kiss to my temple. Surely a heart attack.

"From this moment as long as I live I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't have give
From this moment on"

I lift my head from his shoulder and our eyes lock.

"You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you"

He smiles at me and I smile back, both knowing where our relationship stands right now. And the song just describes it nicely. He leans forward and brushes his lips softly across my own, deepening it one second later. The kiss warms up my whole body, making me shiver and my heart beating faster, goose bumps rising on my skin almost immediately.

"From this moment as long as I live I will love you
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't have give from this moment"
I will love you as long as I live from this moment on."

"I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Jack."

Yep, definitely a heart attack.



End Notes: Hope you enjoyed. And remember I want tons of feedback. Doesn't matter if good or bad, just honest please. Thanks.