samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: pwetty pwease ?!

Disclaimer: Stargate SG1 and all characters belong to MGM, Gekko and Double Secret. No infringement of copyright is intended. I'm not making any money with this fanfic. I'm doing this purely for fun. I don't own the song, either.

Author's note: Told from Jack's POV. Not beta-read, all mistakes are mine.


Jack's cabin, 03:28 pm

Sam and I are sitting at the dock in the backyard of my cabin, fishing. Yep, finally fishing. Who would have thought that? After all those years, she's finally here with me...Well, we're not alone as I'd liked, there are also Teal'c and Daniel. They are somewhere in the cabin, gathering their things.

"This is great." Sam sighs, resting comfortably in the chair next to me. I glance at her-she's holding the fishing rod, looking around, one ankle resting on top of her knee. "I told you." I grin smugly and she grins right back at me. Ohh... "We should have done this years ago..." "Well, let's not dwell..." is she reading my mind or what? There is a comfortable pause between us until she breaks the silence again, grinning: "There are no fish in this pond, are there?" I grin right back at her. "Nope." Daniel and Teal'c emerge with their deckchairs from the cabin and set them on the bank of the pond. "Niiiiiice." I comment and Sam laughs. Such a sweet sound to my ears!

Jack's cabin, 01:15 am

I couldn't sleep, so I took a walk in the quiet woods, thinking about what had happened these past few weeks. My break-up with Kerry, Sam dumping Pete, Daniel's resurrection, Jacob's death...it all gets to me now, how Sam must cope.

Entering the cabin, I notice the fireplace is lit up and someone is sitting at the sofa. It's Sam, holding a cup of tea, keeping herself warm underneath the soft blanket. I take off my shoes and join her. "Hi." She says shyly as she looks up, the fire sparkling in her blue depths. "Hey. What are you doing up?" "Couldn't sleep." He voice is slightly cracked as she puts the cup away. "Sam?" she turns to me completely and now I can see she's been crying. "God..." I breathe and wrap my arm around her shoulder as she lays her head on my shoulder in a familiar manner. She cries softly, silently, not wanting to wake the guys. I tighten my hold on her, giving her the best comfort I can provide.

We stay like this for some time until her sobs even out. Sam reaches across my lap, touching my right hand, which is lying on my thigh in a fist. She caresses my knuckles ever so softly, running her fingers around my skin at the back of my hand. I suppress the shiver that courses through me at her insistent touch. "Okay?" I ask her softly, feeling her slow nod. I press a kiss to her temple, hearing her sigh. "I'm scared." She speaks quietly but clearly. Sam scared? "Why?" We both stare into the flames in the fireplace. "That this won't work." Immediately I know what she means. Us. Our relationship. "It will. We will make it work. I promise." She lets out a sigh at that, cuddling to my side even more. None of us have said those words yet, but we know it's there, it's huge and it's obvious.

"I love you." She says, her breath hitching in her throat. I must say that she got me speechless. She loves me? For a while I'm unable to breathe and to think rationally, so my only response is the tightening of my arm around her shoulders. She hasn't looked up and I know she's afraid to.

"I love you too." I'm finally able to tell her how I feel. Her arms wrap around my waist and she squeezes me tightly. With my right hand I gently cup her chin so I can look into her eyes. New, unshed tears are glistening there and I notice that her irises have turned darker blue, her pupils have dilated. She parts her lips softly, then the tip of her tongue darts out and moistens them. Sam keeps staring at my face with an expression full of love, desire and passion and I can't help but lean down, brushing my lips softly against hers.

She shudders, the simple touch tingling all the way through my body. I have forgotten how nice kissing her feels. However, this time it's different. No alien viruses, no alien time loops. Just me and her, Jack and Sam. Her lips slide sensually against mine and she nibbles on my lower lip, pulling and sucking at it. I hear her moan softly, when the tip of my tongue brushes her upper lip. She breaks off the kiss, gasping desperately for some oxygen. Our heart rates calm down as we hug each other, glad for this opportunity.

We know this is still against regulations but we agree that we won't do anything more before this is resolved. Before I retire and run the base as a civilian. I can't thank Kerry enough.

THE END