samandjack.net



Jonas had noticed the secret smiles and stolen glances passing between Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill. To be honest it had been hard not to. He often wondered why they had never taken action on their obvious feelings for each other. It was, in fact, troubling him right now and distracting him from his work. He decided he needed a break and went for a walk to the commissary. When he arrived, he found Teal'c seated on his own and went to sit with him.

"Hey, Teal'c."

"Hello, Jonas Quinn."

Jonas decided this would be the perfect time to ask him about the Major and Colonel.

"Teal'c, can I ask you something?"

"Of course"

"Why don't Sam and Colonel O'Neill act on their feelings?"

"I believe it is written in the military regulations that they should not become more than friends."

"But, that's stupid!"

"Indeed, Jonas Quinn."

Jonas suddenly had an idea. Christmas was coming up (another human holiday that neither Jonas nor Teal'c understood) and he knew presents were supposed to be bought. The thing was he couldn't think what to buy them and this, he was sure, would be a perfect gift for both concerned.

"Teal'c you know it's Christmas coming up, right?" Teal'c nodded his head. "Well, what to you think to this ."



Jack O'Neill sat in his office trying, in vain, to avoid doing his paperwork when he received an email from General Hammond about the SGC Christmas party. He groaned, already dreading it, but also knowing he had to attend. It wouldn't look good if even Hammonds 2IC couldn't be bothered to show up, would it? It also reminded him that he needed to buy Christmas presents for his teammates. His head slumped onto the desk as he looked at the huge stack of paperwork on his desk.



After talking to Teal'c, who also agreed it would be a wonderful, if unexpected, Christmas present, Jonas went to talk to General Hammond.

"Come in"

"Sir, I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment."

"Of course, Mr. Quinn."

He walked in and shut the door behind him. "You see sir, although I've only been here a couple of months, I've noticed the feelings Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill have for each other. I assume you know what I'm talking about?"

The General nodded his head, wondering where this was going.

"Well, the rule that's stopping them being together? It's not stopping them feeling the same way. I don't think that the colonel would let his feelings for Sam interfere any more than they already do."

"Jonas, I have to admit, I had never thought of it that way before. You're right."

"I'm glad you agree sir. I was thinking, maybe you could tell the same thing to the President and maybe get him to adjust, if not change, the fraternization rule between officers."

"Well, I guess it is worth a try and the way you put it, it's hard not to agree. Is this for some special reason?"

"Well the Christmas party is coming up soon and it would be the perfect Christmas present."

The general smiled broadly and said, "I'll see what I can do, son."

Jonas walked out of the office grinning like the cat that ate the canary.

On his way back to the office, he saw Major Carter who looked at him and laughed.

"What's up with you? You look like you just found out you won the lottery!"

Jonas frowned and said, "What's the 'lottery'?"

"Never mind, but why are you so smiley?"

"Oh, no reason," Jonas replied. "Just thinking it will be Christmas soon and. things". He walked off with a grin, leaving Major Carter standing there with a confused frown on her face.



"Sir, have you seen Jonas lately?" Sam asked her CO, Colonel Jack O'Neill when he next popped into her office.

"Uh, nope can't say that I have, why?"

"I just saw him and he was acting really weirdly," She replied. The colonel raised his eyebrow, Teal'c-style.

"Sir! He acted like he knew what Christmas was!"

"Well now that is strange! Him knowing what Christmas was! I wonder how he could have figured that one out. It could have been the memo on the Christmas party I suppose," he said sarcastically.

"God sir, you read a memo?! Well, things just keep getting stranger around here."

"Shut up, Carter! You are going, aren't you? Because I'm not if you aren't, coz if you don't have to then I sure as hell don't." Jack knew he was rambling but carried on anyway.

"Yes sir, I'm going, don't worry I wouldn't miss it for the world. Wouldn't want to let you down!"

"Oh, gee thanks, Carter" he said sarcastically

"Anytime, sir" she said cheekily and left his office with a surprised

'She's right,' he thought. 'Things *are* getting stranger around here.'



At the end of the briefing, General Hammond asked to see Jonas and Teal'c.

"Is this about what we talked about the other day sir?" Jonas asked.

"It certainly is, Jonas. I have talked to the President and explained the situation the way you two see it"

"And?" Jonas said while Teal'c stood impassively.

"He agrees with you." The general smiled happily, as did Jonas and Teal'c. "I was thinking that we could announce it at the Christmas party tomorrow."

"It sounds brilliant General, thank you so much."

"I will of course announce it on behalf of you and Teal'c, as is only fair."

"Thanks, sir!" Jonas smiled and Teal'c bowed with the biggest smile that the general had ever seen on his face. In fact, after Teal'c left, he realized it was the only smile he had ever seen on Teal'c's face.



The next day at 1900, Jack gave up on his paperwork and headed to the locker room to change into his dress blues before the party. He hadn't seen the point of going home before, but he had noticed Sam leaving a couple of hours earlier. 'She'd better be there when I get there, he thought, otherwise I'm leaving. God, I hate these things.'

If only he knew what was going to happen to him at one of those "things" he hated so much.



The party had been going for an hour already when General Hammond stood to make his announcement. Everybody assumed it was for the ranking officer's speech except Teal'c and Jonas who stood there wearing big smiles. Jack was honestly beginning to think that they had both had waaaaaay too much to drink. They'd been like that all night and, anytime anyone asked, they gave no reason for their happiness.

"Quiet down people, I have something to announce in regard to the fraternization rule between officers," Hammond said with a stern look on his face.

Oh God, Sam thought, he's gonna make it more strict. I'm not even gonna be able to be friends with Jack anymore.

Jack, who stood next to her, was having similar thoughts. I can't cope with anything more strict, please don't let this be happening. They looked at each other simultaneously, then turned their attention back to General Hammond.

"I have been in lengthy discussions with the President this week and we have decided that relationships ARE to be allowed between senior members of the SGC. That rule is effective as of right now," he added as he noticed that Jack and Sam stood looking at each other happy, dopey smiles on their faces from ear to ear.

Loud clapping and cheering erupted as many people realized just what that meant. However, the noise level rose even more when Jack and Sam were spotted kissing as though their lives depended on it. Sam's arms were wrapped around Jacks neck and his arms encircled her waist. They broke away, embarrassed at being spotted, and Jack said, "How sir?"

"It was Jonas and Teal'c's idea, Jack."

"Happy Christmas you two," Jonas said.

"Indeed" Teal'c agreed.

As Jack and Sam left the room to spend some time alone, Janet, Jonas, Teal'c and General Hammond stood and smiled like proud parents.



*The End*

Feed back please!!!