samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's Notes: This is my story for the jello challenge. Thanks to Kat for the plot bunny. Copyright March 2002, A. Cheek.


"Think back to when you were their age, sir," Carter suggested.

"I was never their age," O'Neill replied dramatically, enjoying the game between the two of them.

Unfortunately, with a roll of her eyes, Carter stopped playing. She took one final bite of jello, then pointed towards the exit. "Good night, sir."

Watching her leave the mess hall, O'Neill was about to take a morose bite of his banana when he realized.

She'd kicked her boot against his under the table.

*The signal*.

Taking care not to hurry too much, he gathered up his papers and stood up.

* * * *

Catching up to her in the hallway, he caught her attention. "Major? Do you have a moment?"

Carter's eyes twinkled merrily. "A moment, sir?"

O'Neill waved the sheaf of papers at her. "There's some analysis here that I could use your insight on," he told her as they continued down the hall.

"Certainly, Colonel," she responded politely, reaching into her pants pocket for a pencil. Bringing it out, she looked at the broken lead and sighed.

"Get one of those pocket protectors, Major, that should help," he teased her.

"Sure thing, sir," she rolled her eyes again. "There's a supply closet just up the hall -- I need to grab a few notepads, too."

O'Neill strode ahead and opened the door, waving her inside.

* * * *

"So, sir, what did you think about--"

O'Neill closed the door behind them and pressed Carter up against it. "So tell me, Sam," he drawled, "what do you really think of our new recruits?"

She raised her eyebrows, wrapping her arms around him. "Well, Satterfield should definitely start out in R & D while she gets more field training," she began.

"Never mind," O'Neill said huskily. Trailing one hand down her cheek, he lowered his lips to hers.

They sighed in unison as their kiss deepened, opening their mouths to let tongues slide lazily across the other.

"You taste like strawberry jello," she whispered, giggling.

"You taste like blue raspberry," he retorted, then claimed her lips once more, pressing his body against hers desperately.

Time flew by too quickly as they kissed, their hands roaming across each other's skin. Jack bit back a wanton groan as her fingers slipped under his shirt to tease a pattern up his spine. Crushing her to him fiercely, he slid one leg between hers and maintained their passionate kiss for as long as he dared.

"Jack," Carter sighed as they finally pulled away from each other. Her eyes were looking wonderfully glazed, he noted to his satisfaction, as she quickly helped him tuck his shirt back in and straighten his hair. Of course, when he moved to help her do the same, his own legs felt more like jello than flesh and bone.

"This weekend?" he murmured hopefully before her hand reached the doorknob.

Carter turned her head to look at him, and he nearly caught fire from the restrained passion in her gaze. "Your place," she agreed.

* * * *

"Hey, guys! Wait up." Daniel and Teal'c quickened their pace to reach their teammates, who were headed in opposite directions.

O'Neill turned back from his route to his office, and Carter walked back with the archaeologist and Jaffa. "Yeah, Daniel?"

The younger man grinned and held up the papers in his hand. "I just read the scenario for tomorrow. Sounds like fun."

Carter grinned. "So says the man who'll be sitting in the big chair."

Teal'c looked towards Daniel, also satisfied. "While I shall be in charge of security and capturing any escaped prisoners."

"Yeah," Daniel agreed happily, then stopped in consternation. "Um..."

"What?" O'Neill's brow furrow in curiosity at Daniel's nonplused expression.

"Um, your tongues--"

"Oh!" Carter laughed. "That's right, the Colonel and I were having some jello in the mess hall just a few minutes ago. It always stains my tongue, Daniel, you know that."

"Yeah, Carter's passed her jello addiction on to me," O'Neill groused good-naturedly.

"Except that you prefer strawberry when everyone knows that blue raspberry is clearly superior," the Major replied in an airy voice.

"Oh, yes, clearly," he said, eyes twinkling. "Well, I'm going to say good night, folks. I just have to drop these papers by my office and then I'm going home."

"And I have to finish up in my lab before I head out," Carter told them. Patting Daniel on the shoulder, she smiled. "Have fun tomorrow, you two! And Teal'c? You'll never catch me."

"Perhaps," Teal'c said thoughtfully. "If you can escape the booby traps I have devised."

He and Daniel continued down the corridor. Once both O'Neill and Carter were out of earshot, Daniel laughed.

"What amuses you, Daniel Jackson?"

"They're good," Daniel mused. "They're really, really good at evading questions."

"Of what do you speak?"

"I was going to ask them why their tongues were both *purple*."

fin.