samandjack.net

Author's Notes: I do not own these characters


Colonel Samantha Carter was sitting in her quarters by her makeshift desk. Ever since she went off world with McKay and Dr. Keller and had broken her leg, those stairs leading up to her office were hard to manage. Especially with the crutches, therefore Ronon and John had surprised her by commandeering a table and setting it up in her quarters so she could still do her mind numbing paperwork, while John took over the rest of the duties.

The tell-tale signs of the stargate activating made Sam’s mind wander from her paperwork. She didn’t have any teams off world that she knew of, but she figured she would let John handle it, after all he is her second-in-command and very capable of doing his duties. Otherwise she couldn’t have spent so much time in Washington as she did this year. She heard the force shield disengage and figured it was a friendly and should really get back to paperwork, she learned from Jack many months ago that paperwork doesn’t do itself. With a resigned sigh she turned back into the ever growing stack.

--

In the gate room of Atlantis the gate opened and the force shield was put up. John Sheppard came out of Colonel Carter’s office when Chuck told him there was an unscheduled wormhole. As the IDC appeared as the SGC John told Chuck to lower the shield. He expected someone like Daniel to come through, but not him. Ever since the Replicator’s took over he hasn’t come back. She had always gone back to earth to see him. But here he was in his dress blues looking out of place in this relaxed atmosphere. “General O’Neill, welcome to Atlantis” he said walking down the gate to meet him.

“Ah, thanks” O’Neill said, loosening his necktie already.

John glanced at the older man and took in his appearance. He looked better than the last time he saw him, but that was almost a year ago. He smiled up at the General and saw what he was carrying under his arm.

“Can I help you with that sir” John asked, pointing to the package that was at the General’s side.

“No. Just point me to where Carter is and I’ll be relieved of it” Jack smirked, knowing the younger man was curious as to what the package held.

“Right this way sir” and with a sweeping arm motion both men were off to Colonel Carter’s quarters.

--

Sam tucked another piece of paper into the slow growing pile of done forms. Just as she pulled a mission briefing to a clear spot on the desk someone was at her door. Thankful for the interruption she slowly rose from her chair and steadied herself on the crutches. Carefully maneuvering her way around the bed she at last reached the door. The door opened upon her command and she was momentarily speechless, there he was in his dress blues he detested wearing a smirk and carrying something suspiciously wrapped in newspaper. She smiled at both men and John nodded, telling both senior officers he had duties to do, and was off. Sam smiled up at Jack and nodded her head to come into the room. As he stepped in she had to close the door, when she turned around again to face him he was in her space. He gently set the package down at the smaller desk that was in her entry way and pulled her into a hug. She dropped the crutches to the side, hearing them clatter to the floor, but not caring a bit about them.

She grabbed at his waist and shifted most of her weight on to him, knowing her could support all of her weight. He gently lifted her off the floor and deposited her onto the edge of her bed so they didn’t both go toppling down and break another leg in the process. As he sat down next to her and put an arm around her she carefully pushed him back, so that his legs were off the bed. She gracefully moved herself to sit herself on top of his waist, being ever careful of her cast. He gave her the Teal’c eyebrow as she lowered upper body closer to him. And with a swift move she captured his lips, pulling his lower one gently with her teeth and releasing it. Only to have her tongue caressing his teeth, demanding entrance into his mouth, which he gladly obliged. Their tongues dueled for dominance over the other, but as the need for oxygen overcame them he slowed the kiss down, gently applying pressure until he gave her one more feather light kiss and her forehead rested against his, both taking in the oxygen they had been deprived of.

“Nice” was all Jack said, his hands finding Sam’s back and gently hugging her against himself while she calmed herself.

“Mmm” she whispered, her head moving down into the crook of his neck and setting there.

“I brought a present. It’s a get well present for you” he said, stopping his movements and burying his nose in her long braided locks.

“I saw that. Go and bring it to me please” she said, lifting her head from his neck to look him in the eyes.

“I can’t do that with you lying on top of me can I” he questioned, an amused smile playing on his lips.

Sam laughed at him and rolled herself off to the side, “there you go sir”.

“Sir” he questioned “Are you looking for punishment Colonel”

“I’ll take what you dish” she replied haughtily, “now I want my present”

Jack groaned and got up off the bed, as he reached the present and turned around he said to her “you’re going to be the death of me woman”.

She giggled at him and held out her hands for the package. When he came back to sit on the bed he pulled Sam up to a sitting position next to him. He handed her the package and she tore at the newspaper wrapping that covered her gift. It was a plain cardboard box, she deduced. Jack nudged her shoulder to keep her going, and she opened the box. She smiled with delight as she peered inside. It was blue jell-o, in individual packages. She laughed and saw the box was loaded with them. She looked to Jack and he shrugged, “you keep saying all they had was red here, and that you were out of the blue I keep sending you. Figured I could spend time with you and deliver this”.

“Killing two birds with one stone. That’s mighty efficient of you Jack” Sam said.

“You know me, efficient is my middle name” he replied.

They both laughed at the thought and Sam set the package carefully on the floor. “Well, what do you say we get to the spending time with me part now” she said, leaning back on the bed now.

Jack’s mouth was on the descent towards hers, and he whispered against her lips, “I’d say that’s a great idea”.



End Notes: fin