samandjack.net

Story Notes: Just a short ickle fic that came to me as I was watching a music vid the other day…


‘Jacob!?’

No response. Shit.

Ok, first things first. Get Carter out from under the damn bomb!

She’s looking up at me from underneath anyway. Striding towards her feet a haul her up, pulling her from underneath and then up my body. With my hand partially on her lower back we step backwards towards the wall, but to no avail. The bomb follows us like a shadow.

‘Jacob!’

‘I know! I have a problem here!’

Really? Funny that, so do we. In the form of we’re about to get blown up!

All I can do is stare at the edge of the bomb as it slowly moves towards the wall. All I can feel is fear. Yeah…me. Fear. Big time. That is until I feel something else. A hand in mine. Carter’s hand. She entwines our fingers together and squeezes gently. I don’t even look at her; I just squeeze back. We both know what we mean.

The bomb is painfully close now and all I can think about is how glad I am we both had this one chance to show each other how we feel. Not in a room full of people, not worrying about goddamn regulations, just me, her and the end.

Or not.

The bomb suddenly begins to move away accompanied by a very loud sigh of relief from Daniel and Jacob. I feel the pressure of her hand in mine slip away; a cold loss overcomes me even though we’re still alive. I pause for just a moment and the move out from around the corner of the wall we had been pinned in.

‘So, Jacob, nice flying.’

Yep. Very nice indeed.