samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: kiwilass@usa.net

Season/Sequel Info: Season 3.

Spoilers: None that I can think of... But it is set after/during Nemesis, but as I haven't seen it I can't give anything away.

Archive: S&J, Heliopolis. Anyone else please ask.

Feedback: I'd like to know what you think :) Copyright April 2000 Alexandra


"I thought I might find you out here," Sam said quietly as she approached him.

"It's a beautiful night," he replied. "Almost perfect." She could just make out Jack's smile in the dim light cast by the crescent moon and stars.

"It's amazing," Sam agreed as she sat down close to him. "Everything is so clear."

They sat for a while in quiet companionship, neither feeling the need to speak.

"I'm really glad you invited me, Jack," Sam said eventually, turning her attention from the stars to the man sitting beside her. He had been watching her, she realized.

"I'm really glad you came," he replied. He reached out and gently touched her cheek, half expecting her to pull away. She didn't. Instead she brought her hand up to cover his, and sighed softly.

He leaned forward and kissed her tentatively, his lips gently brushing against hers, giving her ample opportunity to pull away. He was faintly surprised when she didn't. Instead, she leaned in closer, sliding her hand up over his chest, up to tangle with the hair at the nape of his neck. He deepened the kiss, running his tongue across her lips, requesting and receiving entrance. He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her tightly. They stayed like that for several minutes, not rushing, not feeling any particular urgency, just gently exploring each other's lips as though they had all the time in the world.

Finally they pulled away from each other. Jack rested his forehead against Sam's. She let out a small sigh. He pushed a lock of hair back behind her ear.

"We can't do this," they said in unison, and chuckled. Jack lay back on the ground, pulling Sam with him, keeping his arms tightly around her. She settled herself against his side, resting her head on his chest, her left arm wrapped around his waist. He lightly ran his hand up and down her back.

Suddenly Sam hugged him tightly, her arm tightening fiercely around him.

"I know," Jack whispered, returning the embrace. "Me too."



The End.