samandjack.net

Story Notes: (email fawe@mastershouse.freeserve.co.uk)

RATING: U. Meaning universal. Meaning anyone can read it. Unless of course they're illiterate. In which case, they shouldn't be on a mailing list.

SUMMARY: It's 150 sodding words. I think no summary needed.

SPOILERS: None. At all. See disclaimer for more details.

DISCLAIMER: I don't need one. I don't actually mention by name anything that's purely associated with Stargate SG-1!!! It's your imaginations making any connections, not mine ;)

ARCHIVE: SJA if they want it, anyone else who tells me where they put it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Anyone who gets the reference of the title gets a cyber-hug. Otherwise, this is either a short fic or a long drabble. I don't know the difference.


He waits.

That's what he does.

Tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick.

**

The gate was motionless. Still. It had been seventeen hours, sixteen minutes and thirty three, thirty four, thirty five... seconds.

It shouldn't be taking this long.

It couldn't be taking this long.

Where was she?

Every sound he made, every breath, every heartbeat, echoed around the empty room.

From up in the control room, the people on the night shift look down at him with pity. They can only guess at what he feels.

Seventeen hours, eighteen minutes.

Where was she?

The gate begins to shake. Chevrons light up.

The blue vortex lashes out towards him, then calms.

Through the rippling event horizon, she falls.

She hits the ramp with a thud. It shakes, its vibrations reverberating around the room, driving themselves into his heart.

The ramp is stained with her blood.

She is injured.

But she is alive.

**Fin**



End Notes: Don't know where that came from.

Feedback makes me happy, though the shortness of this one means I won't get pissed off if I don't get any.

Fawe