samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: lora_232@yahoo.com

SPOILERS: None really.

SEASON / SEQUEL: Well, this is the first in a series.

ARCHIVE: Just ask me and I'll say yes :), another world yes (see!)

AUTHOR'S NOTES: If you'll like it (and tell me so) there will be more soon. then tell me!! feedback is craved.

DEDICATION: For Ann (you're the best!) and all my friends. (PS: I'd love to take this moment to thank Mel and Annie) I hope you like it, let me know if you do, it feeds my muse which gets me writing J


Two words.

Ever thought how much one day can change your life, who you are?

I know it, but it all started with one note.



^~^~^~



We were on the base, the General asked us to keep our relationship low profile so no one knew. Well, except Janet. I think Teal’c didn’t care and Daniel… I don’t know, sometimes he just zooms out. So SG-1 kept going on missions and no one knew I’m in love and involved with my commanding officer.

When I got organized I found a note in my locker: "Meet me on Kennedy St. 4th floor, 9 p.m. Jack"

I didn’t know what he was planning but I couldn’t wait to find out. We just have a recon mission to get over with first. When I saw Jack at the gate room I sent him a stolen look. He looked at me teasingly and then the General spoke and it was over.

I guess I’ll have to wait.

We stepped through.

I wish we hadn’t.

We got a hostile welcome on p3x-934. Very hostile. They probably thought we were goa'uld because they immediately started shooting. Daniel started dialing out of the woody planet right away. I sent the GDO code while Jack and Teal’c covered our backs. I hit the ramp hard and so did Daniel. We stood up, barely, and looked at the worm hole waiting.

It closed.

Jack and Teal'c weren't there. I passed out. I guess it's understandable if you think of the way I hit the ramp, thrown from the gate. But I think it was more.



^~^~^~



I woke up in the infirmary. Janet told me that they never came back, that the battle next to the gate gave it too much energy and they were sent somewhere else, But where?

I felt an overwhelming will to cry. Janet did her best to comfort me, with little success.

She released me later that day.

I sat there, in my quarters on base and I couldn’t control my mind. I'm used to controlling my thoughts but this time they controlled me.

I curled up on my bed and the thoughts kept running. Is he ok? Where is he?

Will he come back? Will we ever… I tried not to finish that thought. 'I already miss you, Jack. Hang on, wherever you are. Come back to me. Oh please, god, bring him back. Alive.' I held the pillow close as if it will save my life and I cried again, really cried. 'How can he be gone?'

I don’t know how long I was there like that. When I saw the time my mind snapped to. It was 8 p.m. I got up and found that note and I was out of there in no time. I knew it was probably the wrong thing to do, but I had to.

I changed out of uniform and headed to Kennedy St.



^~^~^~



I got in to the room and looked around. Everything was so beautiful. There were rose buds on the floor leading me to the balcony. It was lit with candles. 'This is amazing, Jack, you should be here with me'.

There was a table with chairs, candles and roses on it.

There was a silver platter with a cover on the table, it seemed like the only food item there. I picked up the cover and found a box and a note.

I could almost see what's to come. I opened the velvet box and saw the most beautiful ring. It had two diamonds and a sapphire stone, god it was beautiful.

A single tear fell down my face as I read the note. Two words.

"Marry me"

'God Jack, why aren't you here? Damn that gate!'

I sat down feeling I can't hold my self up anymore.

'I love you, Jack and I will wear your ring. And when you'll come back I will marry you.'

I came in to the room and fell asleep there, with the ring on my finger, the note in my hand and Jack in my dreams.

All it took was two words and one day.

My life will never be the same.



The End

=====

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/comethrough

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/CKA vote at: STA_EA@yahoo.com